At Domestic Comfort, our goal is to deliver your order in excellent condition and in a timely manner. To do so, we have determined the best shipping methods based on the products you have selected. For large items such as sofas, beds and tables, we offer white glove delivery within most areas of metro Atlanta. For small packages, which include most of our non-furniture items, we ship via UPS or FedEx ground service. Please review the following shipping information.
Domestic Comfort is an Atlanta-based retail operation, and we service most of the metro Atlanta area. For any inquiries outside of Atlanta, please call us at 404-872-2500.
Delivery time on most smaller items is 4 to 6 weeks. On larger furniture items, delivery times range from 8 to 12 weeks. Once we confirm your order with the manufacturer, and we receive their formal acknowledgement, we will notify you of an estimated shipping date, via email.
MULTI-ITEM LARGER ORDERS
For multiple items on one order, there may be better shipping rates available. Please call the store for further details at 404-872-2500.
SHIPPING CHARGES Exact shipping charges will be calculated at Checkout.
SMALL ITEMS for UPS or FedEX Ground
Shipping charges range from $40 to $80, depending on weight.
LARGE FURNITURE ITEMS
For large items, the minimum charge is $125. Charges increase, based on size and weight. White-Glove, premium service, includes freight from North Carolina where most of our products are made (or other areas), plus careful inspection for freight damage in our local warehouse, plus scheduled day delivery, plus unwrapping, delivery into your home, placement in your home where you want it, any needed assembly, and removal of all trash. Many of our competitors offer “Curb Side Drop-Off” only.
In the event an item has minor damage, please note any damage directly on the receiving paperwork. Take as many photos of the damage as possible. Then contact the store as soon as you notice any damage. Many small blemishes can be taken care of by our local professional technicians.
- When your order is delivered, fully inspect the item on every side, including the back and bottom for damage, before signing the delivery receipt.
- If there is major damage, refuse delivery and contact us for a replacement.
- If there is minor damage that you think can be replaced with parts, note the damage on the delivery receipt, then contact us for replacement parts.
- All damages and shortages must be documented directly on the delivery receipt.
- Damages and shortages MUST be reported to Domestic Comfort within THREE (3) days of your receipt of goods.
- Most items at Domestic Comfort are special ordered, or made-to-order. No returns are allowed on these special ordered items. Please measure carefully as we do not return items that do not fit.
- If you have not already been to the store, we highly recommend you do stop by. Computer monitors do not represent furniture colors and textures well. Domestic Comfort does not return items based on color or texture variations as perceived online, so it is always best to see actual samples first.
- Any in-stock Area Rugs may be returned with a 20% restocking fee, plus the cost of freight both ways. The rug must be packaged in the original packaging. Contact the store with any rug return request. Area rug colors almost 100% of the time do not show correctly online. We have samples IN THE STORE, of every rug on our website, so we highly suggest that you stop in and view the physical sample, BEFORE ordering any rugs.
- Any small accessory or lamp items, that are shipped from or picked up in our showroom, may be returned with no charge (self-return), within FIVE (5) business days. Please call us to check the in-stock status on any smaller items.